A Healthy, Food secure and Prosperous County
Promotion of sustainable agriculture through capacity building on agricultural productivity, food and nutrition security, value addition, marketing, extension and infrastructural development
- Market responsive agriculture –The agriculture interventions will be driven by the needs and preferences of the consumers.
- Public/ citizen participation – The inclusion of farmer and farmer organizations, civil society, private sector and development partners in sustainable agricultural development planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Partnership building – Working with partners to enhance synergy and sustainability
- Consultations, collaboration and cooperation – Consultation, collaboration and cooperation with the national government, other counties and non-state actors to stimulate accelerated sustainable agricultural development in the county, market access and socio-economic development
- Cost effectiveness – Ensuring all programs designs and interventions are effective and efficient
- Social inclusiveness– Ensuring that women, youth, people with disabilities and the marginalized are involved in the sector
- Sustainable Development– Ensuring high food production using resource-conscious farming techniques that protect human, animal and the environmental.